Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crism Guest

G1000 Trainer Software

This isn't really flight simulation because it's not for FS2004, but does anyone know where I can grab a G1000 simulator? Like how Garmin has th G430 and 530 "testers" or whatever they're called on their site.

Cloud Dancer Guest
    Gah-Gah-Gaaaaahhhhh ....... GOOGLE

http://investor.textron.com/newsroom...ategory=Cessna

Cessna's Exclusive G1000 Orientation Program
    Independence, KS - June 29, 2004 - Cessna Aircraft Company has begun providing customers with its exclusive Garmin G1000 factory-authorized orientation program. The program meets the FAA/Industry Training Standards (FITS), and is designed to assist customers in their transition from traditional aircraft panel gauges to the new all-glass, jet-like cockpit.

Cessna's G1000 orientation program spans two days. Each customer is assigned an individual workstation and a computer equipped with a sophisticated, Garmin G1000 simulator program. Using a combination of classroom time, simulator exercises, and actual flight time, customers will become acquainted with the G1000's capabilities.

Currently, Cessna's exclusive G1000 training is only offered at Cessna's single engine aircraft manufacturing facility in Independence, Kansas. Later this year, Cessna will introduce a factory authorized instructor program that will be available at select Cessna Pilot Centers and Cessna Sales Team Authorized Representative locations.

The G1000 system integrates all primary flight, navigation, communication, terrain, traffic, weather, and Engine Instrumentation and Crew Alerting System (EICAS) data on two 10.4-inch, high-definition LCDs in the Skylane and Turbo Skylane. These active-matrix displays feature XGA resolution (1,024x768-pixel count) and are capable of presenting data in brilliant, sunlight-readable color at wide viewing angles.

Cessna Aircraft Company is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT), a $10 billion multi-industry company with more than 43,000 employees in 40 countries. The company leverages its global network of aircraft, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO and Greenlee, among others. More information is available at www.textron.com. More information about Cessna Aircraft Company is available at www.cessna.com.

For additional information or questions about the general aviation industry, contact the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) at 202-393-1500 or www.GAMA.aero.

Crism Guest
    I'm just looking for one for my personal computer

I was hoping Garmin would put one out like the 430/530 trainer. I really learned how to use our 430 with that simulator. Hopefully they will put something out.

Cloud Dancer Guest
    Originally posted by Crism
    I'm just looking for one for my personal computer
    From what I picked up on my Google search you have a long wait ahead of you.

N29RA Guest
    You could find somebody with a G1000 equipped airplane and snag the software CD out of their POH/AFM. But they'd be a bit upset at you once they found out what you did.

Vreracing Guest
    I think they've been pretty protective of it.

One of the flight simulators I had was supposed to have a G1000 plug in for FS2004, but I could never get it to work.

If you buy a plane new with the G1000 they were offering the two day course.

Most of the time from what I understood was learning to do the high level instruments approaches.

I was only going to initially use the plane for VFR, so after about 5 hours in the air, I felt pretty comfortable with the unit for VFR and flight planning.

It doesn't work that much different than the 530, so if you learn the 530 well the transition will not be very hard.

The way we did it, we talked for a few minutes and then flew over the practice area just pushing buttons. It was kind of a drag to be spending about 135 for the 182 plus 30 for the instructor. A 165 dollar an hour flying classroom. I then took the book home and spent about 4 hours studying it.

They told me that one of the biggest problems with the unit, is forgetting to look out the window.

Sporty's has a CD for the G1000.

roundrocktom Guest
    FBO just bought a 172 w/glass panel.

Couple of interesting points: Jepp updates run about $1100/year!

The users manual cost $295(!!!) -- spiral bound book. (that might be the price from Cessna.)

Just looked at Sportys Search for G1000
    Noticed the quick reference book is $49.95. The CDROM is a "fly with us while we use it". Still cheaper than a hobbs running at $129/hr while trying to figure out how to use that!

Tom

Crism Guest
    All of those FS2004 hours at home and Garmin trainer usage on my laptop during school (I'm a bad boy lol) will really pay off then! We've got a DA40 with a G1000 at the flight school. I have a few pictures of the system turned on without the engine started (It was only so my friend could show me so we didn't kill anything). It's a REALLY nice looking system too. And the '40 looks pretty good for flying once I get my license and for taking people up.

Solo soon

Steve/Crism

HIGHwing Guest
    All of the documentation is available in PDF if you don't mind reading a little. The G1000 is exactly like with 530, if you have specific questions I could try to help, I'm pretty proficient with it. Most of it's features are really highlighted for IFR operations though.

roundrocktom Guest
    Originally posted by HIGHwing
    All of the documentation is available in PDF if you don't mind reading a little. The G1000 is exactly like with 530, if you have specific questions I could try to help, I'm pretty proficient with it. Most of it's features are really highlighted for IFR operations though.
    Garmin site link

That is MORE than a little reading!!!

Tom

Jedi Nein Guest
    I have the unit's major features summarized in my book at http://pages.prodigy.net/jedinein/g1000.htm. It's 29.95, a little less than Sportys/Garmin's quickref. A lot less wordy, too.

Download the 530 sim, get really good with loading and activating flight plans, and the G1000 won't be difficult.

Fly SAFE!
    Jedi Nein

minitour Guest
    Question on the 530....

If I file a flight plan, then program it in the 530 with the external power on (no hobbs running)...can I "save" that flight plan so I can just pull it up and amend it when I get my clearance?

If yes. How many can I "save"?

And...if yes to question 1.......how?

Thanks in advance.

-mini

Mini - I am not sure if this answers your question -
    I have a 430. You go to the flight plan page and enter the flight plan, then press menu, select copy and it will take the active flight plan and save a copy. Then when you want to activate it, press the FPL button, twist the small Knob one click to the saved plan page, press the small knob to activate the cursor, twist the large knob until your flight plan is highlighted. Press the menu key and select activate. You can also edit the plan. It sounds more complicated than it is. As mentioned before - you can download the trainer for free. It is a great tool for learning the unit without having to be in the plane.

Edit - I am not sure how many you can save. It may depend on the number of waypoints in each flight plan. The 430 trainer I have shows 7 plans used and 12 empty.
    Last edited by Jim; 07-14-2005 at 20:07.

Jedi Nein Guest
    20 flight plans can be saved on the 530 or 430. The procedure is the same for both.

Fly SAFE!
    Jedi Nein