Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do pilots and flight attendants still have sex in the cockpit?

This and other interesting questions and answers from an Airline pilot on MSN.com

http://men.msn.com/articlemh.aspx?cp...93509&GT1=8883

aviatorrandy Guest
    I think the better question is do the captain and the first officer are doing behind closed doors these days...

Originally posted by aviatorrandy
    I think the better question is do the captain and the first officer are doing behind closed doors these days...
    Heh-heh...

Beers Guest
    Now days, the pilot and copilot having sex could be normal, while a pilot and flight attendant could be, um, alternative.

Given the grumpiness a lot of airline pilots exhibit in online forums, and the grumpiness a lot of flight attendants exhibit during the flight, I'd have to say that no, they're probably not having a lot of sex in the cockpit.
    -harry

AceAirspeed Guest
    Define "have."

Originally posted by hm
    Given the grumpiness a lot of airline pilots exhibit in online forums, and the grumpiness a lot of flight attendants exhibit during the flight, I'd have to say that no, they're probably not having a lot of sex in the cockpit.
    -harry
    Must be in the bathrooms then.

Raph Guest
    Originally posted by castlepines
    Must be in the bathrooms then.

And in modern times:

[Passenger] When can I expect that we will land in London?

[Flight Attendant] We are doing our best to expedite and land within the flight-safety parameters.

[Pilot on plane-walk-through] May I be of assistance?

[Passenger] Stewardess... what's that Pilot doing out of the cockpit?

[Flight Attendant] Sorry Sir, we will take corrective action immediately.

[Passenger & Flight Attendant give a scornful look at the pilot]

[Pilot heads back to the Cockpit with head bent low much like an often beaten dog]

[Passenger] I want that pilot on report. What business does he have wandering about the plane while he should have the nose to the wheel.

[Flight Attendant] I understand your concern sir. We will certainly have a word with the flight supervisor; and be assured that remedial action will be taken.

[Passenger] Well if he casually walks around first class or business, he should pay for a seat.

[Flight Attendant] I see sir.

[Passenger talking to his son] See junior, you shouldn't have to deal with the rabble. You have to put your foot down sometimes. You have to keep the working folk in line from time to time...

Raph
    Last edited by Raph; 12-21-2006 at 11:18.

dkalwishky Guest
    Originally posted by Raph
    [Passenger talking to his son] See junior, you shouldn't have to deal with the rabble. You have to put your foot down sometimes. You have to keep the working folk in line from time to time...
    It doesn't matter what part of the world you live in, there are jerks evreywhere.

Dave

I don't know if pilots and flight attendants are having sex in the cockpit, but I once had a flying job where I knew that each day that I reported to work, I was going to get screwed.

Raph Guest
    Originally posted by atp46
    I don't know if pilots and flight attendants are having sex in the cockpit, but I once had a flying job where I knew that each day that I reported to work, I was going to get screwed.
    Ahhh... unbridled realism... OK... I feel much better now....

Raph

P.S. he was sitting in a CJ seat ... it's just not possible....

I just got back from MDW last night and here's one thing I found that was very odd. I was traveling with a buddy of mine that's active duty navy. He was in uniform and I couldn't count how many complements/thanks he recieved for his service to our country. However, Other than myself and the obligitory "thanks" to the flight crew while exiting the airplane, I never heard one thank you to the first airport/airline agent, in fact it's more an attitude of disgust towards everyone that's involved. Yeah because it's the pilots/fuelers/gate agents/ramp agents fault your flight was delayed, most of these people will be working Christmas and New Years (I will, i'll see you out on the ramp or in the terminal) out in the cold/rain/snow with millions of other people grumbling at them because they're doing their damndest to get your sorry ass home to grandma while they're working for a quarter of what most of these pricks get paid while their kids are at home or are thousands of miles away from their families. Yeah, you're welcome.

jinksto Guest
    Rough day?

Originally posted by jinksto
    Rough day?

err, a little.

I've traveled close to 3000 miles since wednesday night, using every form of transportation but a boat, and managed to get a cumulative 17 hours or so of sleep since then....but i'll manage...

jinksto Guest
    Flying commercial makes me grumpy, I'll admit that. In fact, the more I learn about aviation, the grumpier I get when I _know_ that a ground delay is caused by someone at the airline trying to save a buck. I almost always fly for business and almost always fly business class. That's a $5000 ticket if you're headed to London on American. That's a LOT of money for a little comfort and it's really frustrating to pay that much and then be told that I'll be stuck in middle-of-nowhere New York for 5 hours. Sure, it's not my money but it's money that I know is being spent for my benefit and if I'm not getting value out of it I get frustrated.

Ground stops because of weather, I can understand and deal with. Ground delays because someone wants to save money is annoying in the extreme. I mean, you can talk about flying from Chicago to Florida for $200 being a great bargain but those fares are rarer than most people realize. Usually, they're only for specific days/flights and are at inconvient times.

Delays where the people interfacing with the customer don't know why the delay is occuring are annoying. Delays where the people interfacing with the custumer know why the delay is occuring but can't tell you are infuriating.

Knowing what I do about aviation, I know that delays are almost never the fault of the flight crews but it's pretty hard not to project your frustration with the airlines at the only available representatives of that company. People that know less than we do about aviation don't know enough not to be mad at them.

I do everything I can to be perfectly polite to flight crews and some of them, honestly, don't deserve it. Nothing will ruin a flight as quickly as a grumpy FA who's not doing his job.

Add to that the fact that I've got some officious little pr*ck from TSA treating me like I'm a head of beef and asking questions about my travel that are none of his business while he sorts through my dirty underwear with 20 people watching and a commercial flight can turn into a nightmare pretty quickly. This is still more frustrating when the jerk doesn't even know the rules. As an example, I smoke and I KNOW that I'm allowed to carry up to four books of safety matches in my carry-on bagga on a flight with me. About 80% of TSA employees will attempt to take them away from me. At Heathrow they take every match or lighter that you have... and then put smoking areas behind security. These smoking areas are ALWAYS packed so where are these people getting matches? I asked one of Her Majesty's security boys about this and was informed that, "oh, you can by them at the shops in the secure zone"... huh? You take mine and then let me buy more on the other side of security? Get real! By the way, if you think TSA is annoying and rude, try the UK. They have the worst security I've ever seen as far as being rude and annoying. That said, I have to admit that most TSA employees are pretty good as long as you work to make things easy for them. They've DEFINATELY gotten better at customer interaction over the last few years but there's still a lot of work to do.

So yeah, flying commercial can be a little painful sometimes. The only way to deal with it is to realize that it all looks better from a window seat at 39000 feet.
    Last edited by jinksto; 12-25-2006 at 09:10.