Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blues Brother Guest

Thumbs up I am a private pilot. Imagine that.

Wow. I dont know what else to say. I sure wish my dad could have been here to see this day. he was a pilot and I am his only child, I swear nothing would have make him more proud than seeing his only son become a private pilot.

I dont think it has really even sunk in yet. I started ground school mid feb 2010. started flying the end of March, Soloed on mother's day, and earned my private pilot license today. I had 52 hrs of total time. It all seemed to happen so fast, especially after I soloed......it just was a blur from there.

Thanks
    Congrats!!!

Thanks
    Congrats! Now the learning really begins. Make use of the plane. I costs a little more, but the stories I could tell that mere mortals (heh heh) don't get to experience.

EppyGA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Brother View Post
    Wow. I dont know what else to say. I sure wish my dad could have been here to see this day. he was a pilot and I am his only child, I swear nothing would have make him more proud than seeing his only son become a private pilot.

I dont think it has really even sunk in yet. I started ground school mid feb 2010. started flying the end of March, Soloed on mother's day, and earned my private pilot license today. I had 52 hrs of total time. It all seemed to happen so fast, especially after I soloed......it just was a blur from there.
    Congratulations, you know he might have been riding along with you.

knightlarsen Guest
    That's awesome! Congratulations! I've just started mine and I'm loving it.

I'm sure your dad is very proud. My grandfather, who I lived with, recently passed, which is really what gave me the courage to learn how to fly.

Whenever I get up in the cockpit, I like to believe that I'm on my way to getting that much closer to him, up above the clouds, and near his new home in heaven : )

Congrats again : )

See ya above the clouds!

~Aaron
    Last edited by knightlarsen; 07-10-2010 at 11:15.

Thanks
    Congrats!! I just passed my written test yesterday and am really close to soloing. I hope my journey is as swift as yours was. I lost my father in April, and he was a HUGE airplane entheusiast. He never was a pilot, but he could tell you about any of hundreds of planes that he worked on while a mechanic in the air force. There wasn't a part or question he didn't know. I will miss having him as my first real passenger when that time comes.

Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Brother View Post

Congratulations BB, well done!

D

Thanks
    Congratulations

........ and I'm sure your father was watching.

Thanks
    Congrats, now the real learning begins, be a sponge.

darthpanda Guest
    It's amazing, I actually felt your joy through just reading that. On my way to my PPL and I hope I can make my own post very soon.

Thanks
    Congrats!! Enjoy and continue to learn

Roadblock Guest
    Way to go, BB!

I'm hoping to get finished sometime before the end of the month.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Congratulations!

Thanks
    Congratulations!

Take an early morning flight alone with the sunrise, or a late evening flight with the sunset, the calm air, quiet radio, and beautiful sky - he'll be with you in spirit. It's a good time to talk to the pilots who still live on in your memories.

bartolet7 Guest
    Congrats! I'm just 11 hrs into my training so have quite a ways to go before I can post a similar note. First solo at 9.8 and I should get the endorsement this weekend for unsupervised soloes in the local area. And then I guess getting ready for some XC's.

My dad passed 6 years ago. He and I shared a love for aviation. He never got a PPL, though he talked about going for it all the time. We spent a lot of time together flying our PC's with Flight Simulator, which I know has helped me in my training now. I think of him every time I go up and know he would be so proud.