super80 Guest

For sale: Jeppesen/King Schools Pilot Training Books/DVD Bundle

FOR SALE (as bundle):

Jeppesen Instrument Commercial Manual (in perfect condition) Retails for: $75.00 to 90.00

Jeppesen Multi Engine Manual (in perfect condition) Retails for: $70.00

Jeppesen Instrument DVD course Retails for: $200.00

King Schools Instrument Rating Knowledge Test DVD course Retails for: $279

Get all 4 items for $325 OBO. A $300 savings!!!!!!

If you are doing your instrument rating on a budget, this is a GREAT deal.

Thanks,
    Vic

Caveat Emptor

Buyer beware.

I wouldn't buy a used King DVD course from anyone because it almost certainly won't work.

I suppose it's a disadvantage of buying King's products, that you can't resell them, but they make sure of it by making the product node locked -- it works only on the computer that you used to register the product. I suppose if you could persuade King that you're the same person but now have a new computer, their customer service will probably assist you in enabling the product on the new computer, but they're not going to be tricked, I'm sure.

I don't know about the Jepp DVD course being sold here, but another Jepp training product that I bought, for learning to use a particular Garmin handheld GPS model, was also node locked. That was too bad, because the product was useful for only about 30 minutes of training, and then I was done with it.

Unless they are the take-off courses, then they play on a DVD player. But NO, you cannot re-download the PC based courses on another PC. The Kings make it clear that they donnot legally allow the resale of their courses. Can't blame them, I guess, they are trying to run a business. The King courses are GREAT though, worth the money!!!

super80 Guest
    I can assure you I am not trying to take advantage of anyone here. You're right, the King schools course is node locked. Thanks, I wasn't aware of that so now I am not selling that product. That said, I will never recommend or buy a King product again...

However, the King workbook I listed obviously can be useful, as well as the other items. The Jepp course is on regular DVD, so I can't see anyway they would node lock it. If anyone is interested in the following let me know, we can work something out:

Jeppesen Instrument Commercial Manual (in perfect condition) Retails for: $75.00 to 90.00

Jeppesen Multi Engine Manual
    (in perfect condition) Retails for: $70.00

Jeppesen Instrument DVD course Retails for: $200.00

I appologize super, I wasn't trying to offend you bro. It's just that maybe some people don't know that when they try to sell them. Good luck with the sale though, all great products.

super80 Guest
    Thanks and no worries Tim, I wasn't offended. I purchased the King Schools course about 2 years ago and to be honest I installed it and never used it, so I really had no idea that they prohibited resale. I ended up using the Sporty's product. Guess I should have read the King agreement LOL