Thread: Nav Monster ?

Gator Guest

Nav Monster ?

Anyone know what happen with Nav Monster. They've been off line for a week. Are there any other sites out there like them ? It was a great site for X country planning with weather.

Try skyvector.com

Gator Guest
    Sky vector does not have weather I don't think.

Only where you see the colored dots.

Try aopa.org (or their new FlyQ I-Pad/I-phone app). That has area weather, echo tops, winds aloft, etc.

2012-04-22 Update: After long and drawn out negotiations, our hosting company booted us for consuming too many CPU cycles. NavMonster performs a serious amount of trigonometry to calculate all the airports/weather/TPPs/AFDs/TFRs/PIREPs/NOTAMs/etc along the great circle route. Moving this massive infrastructure to another server is a time consuming process. Thanks for all the encouragement and support, please stay tuned.
    Huh. Well, they might be back soonish, I guess.

BornWoWings Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKG View Post
    Try aopa.org (or their new FlyQ I-Pad/I-phone app). That has area weather, echo tops, winds aloft, etc.
    Good call on the App. I don't know how I missed it before. I get every single publication from AOPA, and I haven't heard about this app. Where did you learn of it?

Gimble Guest
    I can't speak for him, but I saw a note in one of the Flight Training magazines I get from month to month.

Also, check out enflight.com -- they have a free sampling that's good enough for most day-to-day use.

AOPA did a pretty good job getting the word out on this, IMO. It's on their website right up front, it's in their e-newsletter, and it's in Flight Training. Not sure where else they could put it....

It could be just that it's very new, and you just haven't heard yet. It's essentially a big part of the AOPA flight planner, which many of us use anyway. Except it fits on portable hardware.

(ForeFlight)