Where Are They Now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atp46 View Post
    Still driving Falcon jets, currently lead captain on a Falcon 900B conducting 91 and 135 ops. Turned 70 last Nov and was contemplating retiring this spring. Decided to continue to fly professionally until June 2019, that will give me 50 years of flying, soloed in June of 1969.
    Lev- take my advise. Fly until you can't pass the medical and then quit.

Comment

Hey jerry: I thought you were in Florida wrestling alligators or getting ready for the Americas CUP. I fly your way often and ask for you at the desk, See you at CQX and we can do some flying around the Cape. N724CA hasn't been into 5B6 Falmouth yet.. We have added some Avionics with ADS B out and a few new toys.

Comment

Hey all, I still pop in from time to time, however I sold the plane and quit flying when I stopped renewing my special issue medical (microscopic hemitura). I am still self employed in the manufacturing industry at 60, and in excellent health. Maybe one day, I will buy 100 acres and an LSA.

Comment

I occasionally browse through, but I tend to not because I get my airplane fill at work.
          11.5 years on the RJ and looking for something with a little better long term career stability.
          Bought and sold a 172 (and 'repoed' it off a bad lease deal).
          According to my log book, I flew over 650 hours last year. Most of it in the RJ, but more than a hand-full in a borrowed Grumman Tiger; even a couple of IPC and flight review events for some old friends.
          I hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

I pop in occasionally, good to see everyone! Jennifer (Horsefeather) and I met here in 2002, got married in 2004, and had a little girl in 2005. We bought a Cherokee 180B in 2013, and I fly it as often as I can. We're living in Santa Fe, TN, about 40 miles southwest of Nashville, and we keep our airplane at Centerville, KGHM.

Comment

I left the aviation business in 2008, and didn't fly again until 2013. I bought into a flying club and did a little flying here and there, but ultimately not enough to justify the costs, so I recently sold my share but don't plan on going without for very long.

I have an introductory glider flight coming soon, I think I'll see where that leads.

It is good to see some familiar names!

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
                StudentPilot.com has been online for over 18 years.
                It lived longer than the average dog, but it's pretty obvious this puppy is dead.
                Time to hang a toe tag on it.
                Toe Tag

Comment

Originally posted by SS View Post

It lived longer than the average dog, but it's pretty obvious this puppy is dead.
                  Time to hang a toe tag on it.
                  Toe Tag
                  That's more than a bit pessimistic. Forums wax and wane, along with flight training.

Cary

Comment

I hung out here when I was in training and got some good tips. Although I never really "went away", I haven't flown since 2006, so of course my medical is expired. It was a busy time at work, money was short, etc.... next thing I knew it, I was a "lapsed pilot". I never lost interest, though, and with the new medical regulations, I may start again. I didn't have any medical issues then and still don't, but it was an annoying part of flying, getting that certificate. My AME died way too young, my CFI retired, and almost everyone else that I flew with was much younger than me and moved on to bigger things... all I wanted to do was fly for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary View Post

That's more than a bit pessimistic. Forums wax and wane, along with flight training.

Cary
                      No Cary, it's reality. I know you don't get it and won't get it because your ego won't allow it, but you pretty much killed this site.

Comment

Originally posted by SS View Post

No Cary, it's reality. I know you don't get it and won't get it because your ego won't allow it, but you pretty much killed this site.
                        I started to pop back in now and again...but there's your reason.

Comment

Just swung by to look for someone (found he's not active) and came across this thread.

I moved from Colorado to North Carolina almost 5 years ago. Still actively flying. I'm semi-retired - I like to say I'm 70% retired - from practicing law. The 30% is mostly aviation-related, representing pilots and mechanics when the FAA comes a'calling and some aviation business stuff.

Still active on other aviation forums and a few aviation Facebook groups. Still doing Wings seminars dealing with FAA enforcement and became a FAASTeam rep. Just started doing a little writing for IFR Magazine,

Have also continued friendships (mostly on FB) with some of the people I met here.

Comment

Working...
                          X