The Sch-2 was built in the Soviet Union, with production beginning in 1930. Used by both civilian operators and the military, this two-place side-by-side amphibian was a very useful airplane. The design was modified as an ambulance and a military observation airplane, and was used extensively as a back country exploration platform. It was of all-wood construction, and began its production life with a five-cylinder 100 hp radial engine that bears a resemblance to the American Kinner engine of the same era. Used also as a mailplane, there is rumored to be one example still flying as an instructional airplane at a Russian test pilot school. There is only one example in the U.S. as of this writing, and this airplane has just been completely restored back to its original markings. The airplane is a rare survivor of the many ‘hydroplane’ designs of the 1930’s.